The committee described in Article 12 herein shall be tasked with:
- Studying and updating legislations which regulate matters involving human trafficking in order to ensure the necessary protection for them according to international requirements.
- Preparing reports about measures taken by the State to control human trafficking in coordination with the competent authorities in the country.
- Studying reports involving human trafficking and take the relevant necessary measures.
- Coordinating between the State’s different authorities such as ministries, departments, corporations and establishments in relation to control of human trafficking, and monitor actions taken in this regard.
- Raising awareness about matters involving human trafficking by organizing conferences, seminars, publications, training and by other means in accomplishment of the Committee’s objects.
- Participating, with related parties in the UAE, in international conferences and forums involving control of human trafficking and communicating the UAE’s point of view through these international forums.
- Conducting any duties commissioned to the Committee in this regard.